Tag Archives: Nintendo 3DS
Here are some Kid Icarus Uprising screenshots.
Monolith Soft, Xenoblade Chronicles’ developer, has opened a recruitment page seeking staff for the following positions, effect designers, motion designers and 3DCG designers. All three positions are for their newly formed Kyoto studio.
Apparently, Monolith Soft will have its new studio develop a new 3DS game. Which is good news for the 3DS, since in my opinion it’s still in need of more games. Gamers can only play Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil Revelations for so long until they get bored.
Things are looking great for the Nintendo 3DS, as they had a 40% increase in sales thanks to the released of New Love Plus and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. Unlike the 3DS, the Vita continues to struggle, as it keeps selling less with each passing week.
Software Sales - Release date and life-to-date sales are in parentheses
- [3DS] 01. New Love Plus (Konami, 02.14.2012): 104,969 — NEW
- [PS3] 02. Binary Domain (Sega, 02.16.2012): 73,683 — NEW
- [3DS] 03. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (Square Enix, 02.16.2012): 67,206 — NEW
- [3DS] 04. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12.01.2011): 22,015 (1,506,522)
- [3DS] 05. Super Mario 3D Land (Konami, 02.16.2012): 17,791 (1,348,776)
- [3DS] 06. Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom, 12.10.2011): 17,490 (1,249,833)
- [PSP] 07. Samurai Warriors 3Z Special (Tecmo Koei, 02.16.2012): 17,125 — NEW
- [3DS] 08. Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, 01.26.2012): 15,666 (231,907)
- [PSP] 09. Genso Suikoden (Konami, 02.09.2012): 13,695 (75,479)
- [PSV] 10. Gravity Daze (Sony, 02.09.2012): 10,219 (53,680)
- [3DS] 11. Tekken 3D Prime Edition (Namco Bandai, 02.16.2012): 9,421 — NEW
- [3DS] 12. Good People Die (Chunsoft, 02.16.2012): 9,307 — NEW
- [PS3] 13. Gran Turismo 5 Spec II (Sony, 02.02.2012): 8,169 (42,198)
- [WII] 14. Just Dance Wii (Nintendo, 10.13.2011): 7,643 (542,589)
- [PSV] 15. Good People Die (Chunsoft, 02.16.2012): 6,538 — NEW
- [PS3] 16. Armored Core V (From Software, 01.26.2012): 6,430 (212,784)
- [3DS] 17. Inazuma Eleven Go (Level-5, 12.15.2011): 6,268 (393,130)
- [PSP] 18. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP the Best (Capcom, 09.22.2011): 5,223 (197,031)
- [WII] 19. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, 11.11.2010): 5,135 (873,120)
- [3DS] 20. Nintendogs + Cats (Nintendo, 02.26.2011): 4,839 (501,169)
Hardware Sales - Last week’s sales are in parentheses
- 1. 3DS: 94,667 (67,558)
- 2. PS3: 21,993 (22,002)
- 3. PSP: 14,824 (15,860)
- 4. PSV: 12,309 (13,939)
- 5. Wii: 7,874 (8,206)
- 6. PS2: 1,433 (1,239)
- 7. X360: 983 (1,139)
- 8. DSi LL: 901 (957)
- 9. DSi: 656 (651)
Apparently Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is possibly coming to Europe during the summer of 2012. There is still no news on when the game is coming to the US, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets a similar release date as the European version.
Resident Evil is back! Revelations takes a bite into the old school formula, while splattering elements of the newer titles. This is no bastard child of its atmospheric origins and action-oriented sequels. It’s an almost perfect offspring of the two. Resident Evil Revelations brings back the jumps, eeriness, and survival aspects, while keeping the gunplay and killing spree of the newer games. One minute, you are on edge, wondering what will pop out next. Then, you’re battling off dozens of surrounding enemies. The pacing is bloody good. Nothing ever feels old. A big shot goes out to the boss battles. Some of them put the ones in current console games to shame. The same goes with the length of the campaign. My playthrough clocked in at 12 hours. That’s a surprising amount of content to sink your teeth into, for this type of genre. There’s also a raid mode, which will keep you coming back for even more bloodshed. My main gripes are the story, which is downright silly. The dialog is also extremely weak, to the point of being unintentionally funny. Though, that has always been a Resident Evil trademark, so it was to be expected. There are a few areas that felt pretty cheap or were not that much fun to play. However, the bulk of the experience was an atmospheric roller coaster ride, brought to life with stunning 3D visuals and ominous sound design.