Monthly Archives: February 2012
Ready at Dawn, developer of all God of War games for PSP, Daxter and Okami Wii are looking for talented developers to join their team, to work on a next-gen console 3rd person action adventure game. Could this be a hint of the unannounced PS4 or are Ready at Dawn working with Nintendo on a Wii U tittle. Who knows, but we will find out in the coming months.
A little background first; I have been playing Blizzard Entertainment’s massively popular, profitable, and multiplayer, online roleplaying game World of Warcraft, on-and-off, for nearly seven years now. My very first time entering said world was simply life altering. A newcomer to both RPGs and online games, I barely even knew what MMOs are; and so the seemingly endless, vibrant, spectacular world before me opened my eyes to wondrous adventures beyond what I ever thought was possible from the medium. It was a magical moment yet to be matched by any other game, and although I eventually found the reality of it falling far below my grand expectations, I have over time learnt to greatly appreciate WoW for being a brilliantly crafted, maintained and ever-updated experience.
So make of my opinions as you will.
I recently played a few hours of EA and BioWare’s most recent attempt to capture my imagination in a similar way, and to take £8.99 from my bank account on a monthly basis, also known as Star Wars: The Old Republic.
That’s right folks, Doom 4 is still under development. However, if it’s anything like those images that leaked earlier, then consider me not hype for this game.
Source: Jim Reilly
Monolith Soft, Xenoblade Chronicles’ developer, has opened a recruitment page seeking staff for the following positions, effect designers, motion designers and 3DCG designers. All three positions are for their newly formed Kyoto studio.
Apparently, Monolith Soft will have its new studio develop a new 3DS game. Which is good news for the 3DS, since in my opinion it’s still in need of more games. Gamers can only play Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil Revelations for so long until they get bored.
Rockstargames.com just released a couple of images of the pc version of Max Payne 3 and I must say, the game is looking great. Max Payne 3 is launching on both PC and Consoles on May 29th in North America and June 1st in Europe.
If this newly released trailer for the upcoming 360 version of Last year’s hit PC RPG is any indication, then it appears that very few sacrifices were made in Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings’ transition to consoles. We can’t help but feel impressed by CD Projekt’s efforts, and hopefully this is a sign of things to come.
…PS3 version anyone?
Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition will be released for the Xbox 360 on April 17th.
Article written by Twinblade
Escape plan was my most anticipated game for Vita. It had all of the perfect elements on paper: gorgeous black and white graphics; mind-bending puzzles; innovative controls that could not be done on any other platform, due to the rear touch pad. I truly thought this title was going to be for the Vita, what Pushmo was for the 3DS. Then I played it. As the game progressed, I found myself looking for an actual escape plan to avoid this title.
Good news everyone, It looks like Nintendo will be bringing their latest Pokémon game to both Europe and American this year, instead of waiting a year like they usually do. They set their eyes on fall for the US and autumn for Europe.
Things are looking great for the Nintendo 3DS, as they had a 40% increase in sales thanks to the released of New Love Plus and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. Unlike the 3DS, the Vita continues to struggle, as it keeps selling less with each passing week.
Software Sales - Release date and life-to-date sales are in parentheses
- [3DS] 01. New Love Plus (Konami, 02.14.2012): 104,969 — NEW
- [PS3] 02. Binary Domain (Sega, 02.16.2012): 73,683 — NEW
- [3DS] 03. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (Square Enix, 02.16.2012): 67,206 — NEW
- [3DS] 04. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12.01.2011): 22,015 (1,506,522)
- [3DS] 05. Super Mario 3D Land (Konami, 02.16.2012): 17,791 (1,348,776)
- [3DS] 06. Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom, 12.10.2011): 17,490 (1,249,833)
- [PSP] 07. Samurai Warriors 3Z Special (Tecmo Koei, 02.16.2012): 17,125 — NEW
- [3DS] 08. Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, 01.26.2012): 15,666 (231,907)
- [PSP] 09. Genso Suikoden (Konami, 02.09.2012): 13,695 (75,479)
- [PSV] 10. Gravity Daze (Sony, 02.09.2012): 10,219 (53,680)
- [3DS] 11. Tekken 3D Prime Edition (Namco Bandai, 02.16.2012): 9,421 — NEW
- [3DS] 12. Good People Die (Chunsoft, 02.16.2012): 9,307 — NEW
- [PS3] 13. Gran Turismo 5 Spec II (Sony, 02.02.2012): 8,169 (42,198)
- [WII] 14. Just Dance Wii (Nintendo, 10.13.2011): 7,643 (542,589)
- [PSV] 15. Good People Die (Chunsoft, 02.16.2012): 6,538 — NEW
- [PS3] 16. Armored Core V (From Software, 01.26.2012): 6,430 (212,784)
- [3DS] 17. Inazuma Eleven Go (Level-5, 12.15.2011): 6,268 (393,130)
- [PSP] 18. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP the Best (Capcom, 09.22.2011): 5,223 (197,031)
- [WII] 19. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, 11.11.2010): 5,135 (873,120)
- [3DS] 20. Nintendogs + Cats (Nintendo, 02.26.2011): 4,839 (501,169)
Hardware Sales - Last week’s sales are in parentheses
- 1. 3DS: 94,667 (67,558)
- 2. PS3: 21,993 (22,002)
- 3. PSP: 14,824 (15,860)
- 4. PSV: 12,309 (13,939)
- 5. Wii: 7,874 (8,206)
- 6. PS2: 1,433 (1,239)
- 7. X360: 983 (1,139)
- 8. DSi LL: 901 (957)
- 9. DSi: 656 (651)
Apparently Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance is possibly coming to Europe during the summer of 2012. There is still no news on when the game is coming to the US, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets a similar release date as the European version.